As each year of business ends, I am more just astonished at all we have accomplished. As a little small, family owned business, it is so impressive the amount and quality of what we continue to put out.
Even with the universe, seemingly, against us.
The 2020s haven’t been easy. First a pandemic in 2020 (and that’s a whole thing – check out last year’s review) and then a whole new set of challenges in 2021: supply chain issues that continued to drive up food prices over 30% and a labor shortage that has left the entire food industry severely short staffed. Then add on variants and such…it’s been a hard year, to say the least.
But dang, it’s been a good one. In 2021 we:
- Over $20,000 worth of food, monetary means, and skills donated in and around our community.
- Spent 3 weeks on the border feeding those who serve our country.
- Partnered with 5th Squad to feed 100 veteran families for Thanksgiving.
- Partnered with Shower Power to feed the homeless in Downtown Jackson.
- Became the official caterer for the Mississippi Braves, catering their events and feeding the players before & after home games, including the visiting teams.
- Catered 5 movies in Mississippi.
- Completely re-did the front of our store (it’s so cute! Just a few more finishing touches).
- Started in-house dining for our hot plate lunch.
- Best of Rankin County nomination for Best Caterer in 2021 by Hometown Rankin Magazine (for the 3rd year in a row).
- Best of Mississippi nomination for Best Caterer in 2021 by Clarion Ledger.
- Best of Jackson nomination for Best Caterer in 2021 by Jackson Free Press.
…and this doesn’t include the day to day operations of feeding our local people good homecooked food during our hot plate lunches or from our coolers & freezers. Hands down the most food we’ve produced, but it’s just the beginning. We have so many weddings, movies, and more already booked for 2022.
And as we celebrate the beginning of our 4th year of business in January (WOW), we cannot begin to express the gratitude we feel. As 2 food-passionate people who have built this business from scratch, without investors, it has been a whirlwind 3 years. But feeding our community in the day to day, catering life’s special events, representing Mississippi as we welcome Hollywood into our backyard, feeding those in need and contributing to our community in anyway we can…..these things give us so much life.
Thank you for supporting us from the beginning. Thank you for letting us feed you in so many ways. Thanks for coming into our kitchen and laughing with us and telling us about your life.
Just so thankful. And oh 2022 is gonna be full of good stuff, too!